DIY Sparkling Glitter Box

Wednesday, June 7, 2017


I have such an obsession/ love for decorative boxes. I use them all the time to keep organized. The decorative box section is always first on my list when I go shopping. I always see some of the most adorable ones in the stores, so I thought why not DIY my own. I love glitter! I know for some people it drives them crazy, not me, I love it. It reminds me of such a happy sparkly place.

What You Need:
Elmer's Spray Adhesive 
Glitter
Plain Box 


 The Elmer's Spray Adhesive, is a really good spray adhesive, I've used this for other fun projects in the past and its definitely a good one.


Of course you can't make a Glitter Box without Glitter. I purchased this huge pack from target. I loved it because of all the colors it had, and PLUS the bottles are glass, so totally {reusable!!!}


I purchased this plain white photo box from Joann's Fabrics. 

 Lets Get Started...
1. Make sure you cover your surface, you don't want glue everywhere!!
2. Spray a thin layer of Elmer's Spray Adhesive on the top portion of the box lid
*You may want to wear gloves, I didn't and lets just say my hands were filled with glitter. #lessonlearned



3. Gently and lightly sprinkles the glitter on top (make sure you don't pile on to much glitter at a time, it will create clumps, trust me)


Don't forget to spray and glitter the edges as well


4. I let the first layer dry for about 30minutes to an hour, I like to make sure the glue is really dry and set. Then if you want a more dramatic look you can add a second layer of glitter.




5. I spray the finished look with the Elmer's Adhesive Spray to set in all the glitter, and let this dry for an hour or longer.
*Be sure to shake of any extra glitter to prevent clumping.

When your finished your left with this beautiful sparkling glitter box!!





Hope you enjoyed this DIY

Until Next Time XOXO






















Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Style Me Bright. Design by FCD.