Pineapple Watermelon Sparkling Lemonade

Thursday, May 4, 2017




Hey There! I have to admit, this is probably my favorite drink I've tried so far. I love festive drinks especially around the spring/summer time. They're perfect for family BBQ's, Lunches or Brunch (which is my favorite meal) I love everything about brunch!! It's heating up so quick here is Arizona and drinks are always a stable for us, and lets face it who doesn't love watermelon and pineapple!!! I actually saw this drink as an alcoholic beverage but since I'm not a drinker I thought why not find another way to make this a summer time drink for everyone.


I purchased everything from Trader Joe's, aside from the ice and cups of course. They have a really good produce section and I'm always pleased with their fruit and their prices. I started out with watermelon spears and pineapple spears. You can always buy a full watermelon or pineapple and cut it yourself, I just went the more simple route. I also picked up some limes for garnishing and it give the drink a nice flavor.



I Sliced and prepped all my fruit before I even started pouring the drinks. After I sliced the fruit I set it aside. You could also put it in the the freezer and let the fruit get a little hard before adding it to your drinks. Its like having mini fruit ice cubes.

I used two of my favorite drinks from Trader Joe's The Sparkling Lemonade and The Pineapple Juice. This lemonade is very light and refreshing but still is so delicious when it is chilled and poured over ice. I've brought this lemonade to a few work parties and everyone absolutely loved it. I also am obsessed with their pineapple juice. It takes exactly like freshly squeezed pineapple juice, NO LIE! I'm not a fan of canned anything so knowing it comes in a bottle makes me that much more excited to buy it and drink it, like everyday literally!





Next I poured in my ice (you only need a few pieces) I recommend letting the juice sit for 5 minutes or less with the the fruit before adding the ice. That way all the flavors can blend together. Then I added 1 cup of the sparkling lemonade and 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice. Just make sure you give it a little stir because the pineapple juice is heavier than the lemonade so it will settle to the bottom. Then I add in my fruit and give it one last stir before adding my lime garnish .




I put a few slices of the lime in the drink and also on the edge of the glass. The lime gives it a slight tart flavor that works well with the sweetness of the pineapple. The your ready to drink!! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you try this drink. Let me know what you think In the comments below.







Until Next Time XOXO

Enjoy This Recipe Card I made just for you!



























Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Style Me Bright. Design by FCD.