My Everyday Basic Makeup Favorites

Friday, September 21, 2018


Yay! Hello There, Welcome back to the blog. Todays post is all about my everyday basic makeup that I have been using and loving. If I could be a makeup guru, and be good at it for one day, I probably would! I love and can spend time on Youtube watching girls do makeup but when It comes to me personally, I’m just am not interested.




Fun fact I started wearing makeup in like Highschool when one of my friends wore it and told me I should (laughs) I loved wearing it, I thought I was just so cool. Let me know when did you start wearing makeup? Also, do most girls start in Highschool or was I late? Okay back to the post.

When I go out, or to work or any event. I want to have the most minimal makeup on. Not because I don’t like makeup, but mostly because I don’t want to deal with the maintenance.  I don’t want to have to constantly check my face or apply anything, unless its lip moisturizer! I want to enjoy whatever it is that I’m doing.  I have a few products that I use all the time and they work Great!


Something For The Face



The first everyday product I use is this MAYBELLINE Matte + Poreless Fit Me Powder! When I’m talking about everyday makeup, I don’t want to use any creams or foundations. They can all be so heavy and I just want something that gives me a light coat and still looks natural. Not all powders work well, ive tried a few. But this particular one goes on smooth and adds a nice finish.
 I like to apply a little of this using a medium buffing brush. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage and doesn’t leave me oily or dry. It adds a nice, natural fresh look. I use the color 360 Mocha. Always remember the key to having a great application of just powder is having healthy skin underneath, and exfoliating to get rid of dead skin.


Something For The Eyes




The next product is also a MAYBELLINE product. The Big Shot Mascara. Makeup Shayla on youtube actually put me on to this mascara. I actually watched her use it in a tutorial and thought to myself, I want to try that.
Having long eyelashes really helps me look awake in the mornings on my way to work and just looks so pretty. I love long eyelashes. But I wouldn’t dare get extensions (that just scares me). This mascara does a great job adding volume and length to my lashes. I feel so naked and not awake if I don’t have it on. Let me know if you are the same.


Something For The Eyebrows




I then move on to my eyebrows! I’m not to obsessed with my eyebrows, if they are defined and NOT super thin. I’m fine! I love thick eyebrows but I want them to look and feel as natural as possible and I would be fine without shading them in, but the darkness adds a nice contrast to my face.
 This small eyebrow pencil brush from NYX Is easy to apply and Inexpensive. I use the brush on the back to comb through my brows and then slightly fill in my brows. It adds a nice definition to my face and I love dark eyebrows.


Something For The Lips






Having moisturized lips is the most important part! I cannot stand dry lips, that just looks painful and not good. Sometimes you can go out with a little rose water spray on your face and a hydrated lip and look somewhat put together. but having dry lips, no no no haha.
For my lips I like using a few things, whatever I have on hand to be honest but all of them work. I really enjoy the chap stick brand (cherry yumm) Its super east to grab and put on. You can even carry it in your pocket its so small and convenient and does the trick.
I also use EOS lip balm, the MAYBELLINE shine shot lip gloss is nice also. I recently tried this new lip water balm that came in my ipsy glam bag and its called “bkr paris’. It works so well! I just need to order a full size bottle, but it does wonders.


These are pretty much the only things I use on an everyday basis. Like I said before I don’t like doing much but I do like looking put together and nice. The most important part of makeup is your actual skin and how well you take care of it.
Definitely adding and enhancing the already beautiful parts of your face can add so much and makes you look awake, even if your not.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Style Me Bright. Design by FCD.