My Minimalist Journey/ Am I A Minimalist?

Saturday, June 16, 2018




Hello everyone! I hope your all doing well. I wanted to start off by talking about how I found out what minimalism is. and then go a little more into do I consider myself a minimalist?

I was searching on google and pinterest and youtube looking for white simple room ideas. I was definitely looking for a change visual wise. I felt I had pointless things in my space that just accumulated over time. I was already into organizing and de-cluttering so when I was searching I wanted simplicity.

I came across a youtube video by Matt D'Avella who is the director of the documentary minimalism. I watched the minimalist film maker video and just wanted to learn more, so of course I watched the minimalist documentary on netflix and I was shocked.

I guess I never realized how much we just waste, whether it's time, money, objects, prducts etc. We just waste a lot. After the documentary I started looking up more people and learning more in general about our space and health and environment. So for the past year I have been working on my life and figuring out the important things and cleaning out my space and trying to (emphasis on trying) to limit the things I buy to things I need or love.

I wouldn't say...

I'm not a minimalist, because I consider myself one. I think there are so many ways you can be a minimalist it's not just about the space you create around you, but also about what you are eating and thinking and how you live your life. Me liking and creating a simple space and choosing a more simple clothing style that's just my personal preference. I still love and always wear stripes and flowers because it's my life and there is no set way to live it.

My space

Is my sanctuary, and It's very important to me.My space is where I wake up and rest and read and live. I've incorporated real living plants that create oxygen and clean out the air and white walls because they symbolize purity and happiness for me. I am slowly coming into more of an understanding of everything around me and how it affects me but also the world around me.

I am so excited to share more of my life and space with you and have you come on this fun journey of life with me.
















Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Style Me Bright. Design by FCD.